The Triton Barrier® is one of our most popular barriers, especially in circumstances where they are needed for longitudinal re-directives. Since it is a highly portable, water filled barrier it is ideally used in emergency situations or when space is limited. This product can currently be seen being utilized in the City of Scottsdale. For more information, please contact Action Barricade Company LLC. at (602) 288-6350.
The Triton Barrier® consist of a number of interlocking 6.5 foot barrier sections, which have been designed with durability in mind – as it is made from polyethylene plastic and internal steel framework. Its performance is unlike no other, and has been tested to exceed the National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) 350 TL-2 at 45 miles per hour (mph) criteria.
Key Design Features:
- Sections are capable of absorbing harsh impacts from collisions without penetrating into pedestrian or roadway work crew areas.
- Deployment is relatively fast and easy due to its lightweight design. In as little as an hour three workers can deploy up to 650 feet of product. No cranes required.
- Its modular design allows workers to deploy it in varied lengths; regardless of whether the area the product is being applied is straight or curved.
- The Triton Barrier® is certified as its own end treatment, which means it will save you time deploying it and expense from unnecessarily needing hardware.
- It is built on steel tension cable and can connect from barrier to barrier in order to create a single continuous barrier.
- If you would like to attach it to a roadway guardrail or concrete barrier, transition hardware is also available for purchase or to rent.
- It is a cost-effective alternative for portable concrete barriers
- The Triton Barrier® can easily be upgraded to meet NCHRP 350 TL-3 criteria. No external rails are required for certification.